The First Responders
Supporting the nation through the pandemic
Providing 360-degree support to help transform rural communities
Strengthening India’s public health infrastructure
Transforming and supporting education in India
Inspiring sports through country-wide, multi-sport platforms for children and youth of India
Who we are
Under the virtuous leadership of Smt. Nita M. Ambani, Reliance Foundation was set up in 2010 to provide impetus to various philanthropic initiatives of RIL
What we do
Focus Areas: Rural Transformation, Health, Education, Sports for Development, Disaster Response, Arts, Culture & Heritage
and Urban Renewal.
Real-life stories of people whose lives have been touched by Reliance Foundation; Photos, Videos, News, Press Releases, Events
The entire Reliance family joined forces to strengthen and fuel the nation's fight against COVID-19. With a speedy, multi-pronged approach, Reliance is mobilising on-the-ground efforts working relentlessly to ensure the nation wins the battle against COVID-19.
Events and Updates
- India’s first Olympic Values Education Programme launched in Odisha today ahead of the upcoming IOC 2023 session
- Mrs Nita Ambani lauded the launch of India’s first ‘Olympic Values Education Programme’ (OVEP) by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) today in Odisha, emphasising that OVEP combines the twin powers of education and sport in instilling the core values of Olympism.
- New book celebrates the role of grassroots women leaders during the pandemic
- Published by Reliance Foundation and Observer Research Foundation, ‘The First Responders’ celebrates extraordinary women who stepped forward to lead their communities during the pandemic
- Seven Hero ISL clubs to Join RFYC in inaugural Reliance Foundation Development League from April 15
- Seven clubs from the Hero Indian Super League (ISL) will be joined by a team from Reliance Foundation Young Champs (RFYC) for the inaugural Reliance Foundation Development League (RFDL) in Goa from April 15 to May 12, 2022.
- Reliance Foundation Conferred with Sports for Social Change Award at Prestigious Sportstar Aces Awards
- Reliance Foundation was conferred with the ‘Sports For Social Change (Chairperson’s choice)’ award at the prestigious Annual Sportstar Aces Awards on March 19 in Mumbai. In a video message to the gathering comprising some of India’s leading sportspersons and administrators, Mrs Nita Ambani, Founder & Chairperson of Reliance Foundation, reiterated her vision to make India a “truly global sporting powerhouse”.
- IOC member Mrs Nita Ambani hails decision to award Mumbai IOC session in 2023
- Mumbai received a historic 99% of the votes in favour of its bid from the delegates participating in the process, with 75 members endorsing its candidature to host the IOC session in 2023.
- A year of supporting India’s fight against COVID-19, a year of rebuilding resilience
- Reliance Foundation’s constant endeavour is to transform the lives of communities holistically for a new, healthy, self-reliant India and a note of hope and new, energized enthusiasm marks the transition into 2022.
Our latest annual report highlights stories of impact from the last year along with our recent efforts in supporting the nation through the pandemic.
- Applications open for Reliance Foundation Scholarships:
Nurturing 100 of India’s brightest students to create tech for social good
- Reliance Foundation Scholarships, a pioneering initiative to nurture India’s potential technology leaders of tomorrow, is now open for applications. Reliance Foundation will identify and support 100 of India’s brightest UG / PG students with a generous grant award and a strong development programme that will nurture their skills to innovate for social good. The Reliance Foundation Scholars will be poised to lead and be at the forefront of India’s technological growth.
- Reliance wins SHRM India Award for Excellence in Community Impact
- Reliance has won the SHRM India HR Excellence Awards 2021 for “Excellence in Community Impact," announced during the annual SHRM India conference on December 2, 2021.
This award acknowledges the enduring impact Reliance Industries has made in society by addressing some of the key development challenges facing India with innovative and sustainable solutions.
- Reliance Foundation’s 230 beds Paediatric Covid Hospital at Jamnagar e-inaugurated by Hon’ble CM of Gujarat Shri Bhupendrabhai Patel
- After setting up a 400 bed COVID care facility in Jamnagar in a record time of less than a week, Reliance Foundation has now setup Gujarat’s first paediatric COVID hospital with 230 beds. This facility was e-inaugurated by the state’s Hon’ble Chief Minister Shri Bhupendrabhai Patel at Guru Govindsingh Hospital in Jamnagar. Present with him at this inauguration were the state’s ministers, local MP, MLAs and senior officials from the government of Gujarat, as well as Shri Parimal Nathwani, Director-Corporate Affairs at Reliance Industries Ltd and Rajya Sabha MP.
- Reliance Foundation announces WomenConnect Challenge India grantees
- This is a joint initiative launched by Reliance Foundation and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to help identify solutions to close the gender digital divide. Ten organizations from across India have been selected as grantees through this challenge and over 3 lakh (300,000) women and girls across 17 states of India will benefit from initiatives to close the gender digital divide and empower women through technology.
- Reliance Foundation provides 2.5 lakh COVID-19 vaccine doses free to the Kerala government
- In a boost to the vaccination initiatives of the Government of Kerala, Reliance Foundation has provided 2.5 lakh free COVID-19 vaccine doses for the state.
- Reliance Foundation and Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai to provide three lakh free COVID-19 vaccines for Mumbai’s underprivileged communities
- In a major outreach scheme to protect Mumbai’s vulnerable communities, Reliance Foundation through Sir H N Reliance Foundation Hospital will collaborate with Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) to provide three lakh COVID-19 vaccination doses to communities across 50 locations in Mumbai.