By visiting this website, the visitor consents to the terms of this policy. By submitting their Information to Reliance Foundation, the visitor will be treated as having given permission for processing the same in a manner provided in this policy.
Reliance Foundation reserves the right, at its discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of this policy at any time. Reliance Foundation recommends that the visitor reviews this policy periodically to ensure that they are aware of the current privacy practices. The visitor’s continued access or use of the website, post such modifications effectuated by Reliance Foundation, constitutes their acceptance to modifications made to this policy.
Reliance Foundation respects the privacy of the individual/visitor and is committed to take reasonable precautions to protect information consisting of Personal information and `Sensitive Personal Data or Information’ (SPDI) (“Information”) of visitors of this website and comply with all legal, regulatory and/or contractual obligations related to privacy. Reliance Foundation has adopted the ‘Privacy by Default’ principles in its approach to data privacy i.e. privacy of data and information is upheld first by default.
This policy covers the processing, storage and access to Information as required under lawful and/or contractual activities with Reliance Foundation or otherwise required in the normal course of business. It describes Reliance Foundation’s policies and procedures on the collection, usage and disclosure of Information provided/received by natural persons and meets the requirements established under:
- The Information Technology Act, 2000 – Section 43A; and
- The Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011.
Reliance Foundation controls and operates this web site from India and makes no representation that the materials are appropriate or will be available for use in other locations. If you use this web site from outside the India, you are entirely responsible for compliance with all applicable local laws.
This policy applies to all visitors of this website.
- Information covered by this Policy
This policy applies to Information collected and processed by Reliance Foundation consisting of following:
- Personal information is information related to a visitor, or a combination of pieces of information that could reasonably allow such person to be identified. Personal information may consist of full name, personal contact numbers, residential address, email address, gender or date of birth. While information such as date of birth in isolation may not be enough to uniquely identify the visitor, a combination of full name and date of birth may be sufficient to do so.
- Sensitive personal data or information (“SPDI”) is such personal information that is collected, received, stored, transmitted or processed by Reliance Foundation, consisting of:
- Financial information such as bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details;
- Physical, physiological and mental health condition;
- Medical records and history;
- Biometric information;
- Any detail relating to the above personal information categories as provided to Reliance Foundation for providing service; and
- Any of the information received under above personal information categories by Reliance Foundation for processing, stored or processed under lawful contract or otherwise.
- Please note that any information that is freely available or accessible in public domain or furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law for the time being in force shall not be regarded as sensitive personal information.
Reliance Foundation shall collect and use Information for legitimate purposes in order:
- That a visitor may download such information and take advantage of other features of Reliance Foundation’s website;
- To administer or otherwise carry out Reliance Foundation’s obligations in relation to any agreement that the visitor may have with Reliance Foundation; and
- To process and respond to requests, improve Reliance Foundation’s operations, and communicate with visitor/s about Reliance Foundation.
- Collection of Information
Only minimum Information required to meet the purposes mentioned in this policy shall be collected from the visitor/s. Neither Reliance Foundation nor its representatives shall be responsible for the authenticity of such Information provided by the visitor/s. As normal practice, Reliance Foundation may collect Information in order to enable the secure online authentication, interaction and transaction with natural persons. This may include the installation of cookies and the collection of other session data.
- Access, Correction of Information and Withdrawal of Consent
Any modifications / corrections required to the Information can be carried out on the website. In the event the visitor is unable to do so due to lack of functionality in Reliance Foundation’s website and / or the visitor wants to withdraw their consent to provide SPDI, they may contact the Grievance Officer at the contact details set out in clause 8 below.
- Retention, Processing and storage of Information:
- Reliance Foundation shall retain Information for only as long as necessary to meet legal or regulatory requirements or for legitimate purposes as mentioned in this policy.
- Reliance Foundation has implemented required security practices and standards in line with the global standards and has a comprehensive documented information security programme and policy in place, which contains managerial, technical, operational and physical security control measures that commensurate with the information assets being protected with Reliance Foundation’s nature of business. It is being reviewed periodically to keep pace with business, technology and regulatory changes.
- Disclosure of Information
Reliance Foundation shall not use or disclose Information for purposes other than as mentioned in this policy, except with the consent of the visitor providing such Information or as required by law. However, Reliance Foundation may be legally required to disclose the Information in the following cases:
- Where the disclosure is necessary for compliance of a legal obligation; or
- Where mandated under the law by government agencies to disclose such Information.
- The Information is processed legitimately and appropriately by its partner or third party in line with the established consent or in line with legal requirements; and
- The partner or third party has adopted a reasonable and equivalent level of security practices and procedures to ensure security of the Information shared.
- Grievance Officer
In accordance with the Information Technology Act, 2000 and the rules framed thereunder, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are as follows:
Name: Sh. Durga Dube
Please note that Reliance Foundation may be required to process data that is generally considered to be sensitive. Reliance Foundation only processes this information when it is necessary to evaluate and process your application.