Rebuilding Life, Reviving Hope
As he starts rebuilding his life in the aftermath of the Gujarat floods, Dineshbhai Shankarbhai Bhil and his family have one source of solace – a ration kit from Reliance Foundation
Shelter from the Storm
Rawal Parbatbhai Bijalbhai, who has lost everything to the fury of the Gujarat floods, is getting by on the rations and essentials provided to him by relief workers from Reliance Foundation
Picking Up the Pieces
Mithuben Bhanabhai Thakor and her family managed to flee their home before floodwaters submerged it completely; rations from Reliance Foundation are now their only source of sustenance
'Quenching the Thirst for Life'
Sunanda Nagargoje would spend hours carrying 30-40 kg loads of water back to her home in drought-stricken Maharashtra – till RF heard about her plight
Koregaon, Beed, Maharashtra
Groomed as a community master trainer by Reliance Foundation for its Financial Literacy programmes, Annu Swamy has counselled and convinced over 1,500 women to sign up for training
'Lighting Up Lives, Bringing Back Smiles'
Reliance Foundation’s vision camps in Shahdol are spreading smiles among local school-going children by screening them for Vitamin A deficiency and refractive errors in their vision
Shahdol, Madhya Pradesh
'A Leap of Faith'
Starting out as a reluctant member of his village association, Vitthal Bhutuji Lonsawale is today its most vocal and ardent supporter
'Making Passions Profitable'
Calling the Reliance Foundation toll-free helpline with his sundry queries has helped M Suresh – an educator by profession – understand the nuances of farming, avert heavy losses and gain confidence
Melakothamangalam, Tamil Nadu
'Nurturing lives, building futures'
Reliance Foundation has strengthened para-veterinary services for goats in Routhulapudi and 10 other villages in AP, by grooming young villagers as community livestock managers and Pashu Sakhis
East Godavari, Andhra Pradesh
'Saving a Mother, Sustaining a Child'
A cadre of confident and dedicated Swasth Sanginis, trained by Reliance Foundation, are helping young mothers like Laxmi Baiga take care of their health, before and after childbirth
Katkona, Shahdol, Madhya Pradesh
'Steering Lives Back to Safety'
Contacted by a young fisherman stranded at sea during a cyclone, the RF-IS team helped mobilise a rescue mission to bring him and four other family members safely back to shore
Nagapattinam, Tamil Nadu
'Building a Home, Rebuilding a Life'
When Parvati Devi lost everything she owned to the Uttarakhand floods, having a new roof over her head helped her rebuild her life.
'Holding on to Hope'
Widowed and with a child before the age of 20, Ramapati Meena has struggled for years, and finally unfettered herself from a life of poverty.
Sawai Madhopur, Rajasthan
'Toil, Tribulation and Triumph'
Madhuben and Amrabhai Raval from Bedaj village, Modassa, have transformed their barren land into green pastures
Bedaj village Modassa, Gujarat
'A Woman who broke the shackles of destiny and became a Role Model'
Married at the tender age of 23 to an impoverished farmer Sujata Rout
Balangir district of Odisha
'When the going gets tough, keep going'
Fifty-one-year-old Lochan Dharua journey
Haldipali village, Balangir district, Odisha
'Maheshbhai Asari's journey'
'From migrant labourer to successful farmer'
Dholeshwar village, Gujarat
'From A Marginal Farmer, Fighting Severe Tuberculosis (TB), To A Role Model Pioneering The Concept Of Nano Orchards'
Devchand Katara, Ruparel Village,
'Learning Irrigation Techniques Helped Us Get Water Into The Fields'
Tavudu & Simhachalam, Kalamrajupeta,
'Gulaba Bai led the 1st all female Village Association in Mandla. Her story inspired others Paudi Village'
'RF BIJ initiative turned Magan Bai, 58, from a destitute woman into an independent decision-maker'
'Affordable Care At The Door-Step Under Health For All'
'Piped Water And Vegetables For An Entire Village'
Jamwa Ramgarh, Rajasthan
'We Owe It to Reliance Foundation to Succeed In Life'
'A Helpline That's Become Veeraswami's Lifeline'
East Godavari, Andhra Pradesh
'My Son Is Tilling Our Own Land, What More Can A Mother Ask For?'
Ganeshwadi, Yavatmal, Maharashtra
'Reliance Foundation is the Light in my candles'
'My Son got Back his Sight after Nine Years'
Ragini Vijay Kachi
'Self-Help for Water Security'
VFA members working on the check dam
Amalidabara, Netrang, Gujarat
Reliance Foundation’s 230 beds Paediatric Covid Hospital at Jamnagar e-inaugurated by Hon’ble CM of Gujarat Shri Bhupendrabhai Patel
October 01, 2021
Reliance Foundation announces WomenConnect Challenge India grantees
October 01, 2021
Reliance Foundation provides 2.5 lakh COVID-19 vaccine doses free to the Kerala government
August 12, 2021
Events and Updates
- AIFF - Reliance Foundation Youth Sports Women Match Officials Workshop starts in Kolkata
- All India Football Federation (AIFF) and Reliance Foundation Youth Sports (RFYS) have joined hands to host a two days’ workshop in Kolkata starting March 24, 2023.
- Reliance Foundation Drishti marks 20 years of vision welfare for vulnerable communities; launches Marathi Braille newspaper
- The holistic vision care programme, Reliance Foundation Drishti, completed two decades of service, marking the milestone with the launch of a Braille newspaper in Marathi.
- ‘Micro Matters’ publication by Reliance Foundation and ORF featured on G20 Think 20 website
- ‘Micro Matters, Using Data for Development in the Era of the Fourth Industrial Revolution’ a publication by Reliance Foundation and Observer Research Foundation has been featured on the Think20 (T20) site, the official Engagement Group of the G20 intergovernmental forum.
- Nita M Ambani Launches The Her Circle EveryBODY Project to drive a nationwide body-positivity movement of acceptance and inclusivity
- India’s foremost digital content and networking platform for women, Her Circle, celebrates its 310-million reach on its 2nd anniversary by launching an inclusive initiative.
- Reliance Foundation Development League kicks off with over 50 Clubs from Hero ISL, I-League I&II and State Federation Associations
- The second edition of the Reliance Foundation Development League (RFDL) has kicked-off with over 50 teams competing for national and international honours.
- Key lessons on ‘data for development’ in book launched at Raisina Dialogue
- Micro Matters: Using Data for Development in the Era of the Fourth Industrial Revolution, a publication by Reliance Foundation and Observer Research Foundation (ORF) on how data is driving social impact at the grassroots, was launched at the Raisina Dialogue 2023.
- Stepping up on Momentum 2022
- Every inspiration has a story behind it and in 2022 we were inspired many times over. We listened, we drew lessons and we took the time to tell the world about what had moved us.
- Reliance Foundation announces major scholarships commitment on Shri Dhirubhai Ambani’s 90th birth anniversary
- On the occasion of the 90th birth anniversary of Shri Dhirubhai Ambani, Founder - Chairman of Reliance Industries Limited, Reliance Foundation announced that it will significantly strengthen its commitment to youth, awarding 50,000 scholarships over the next 10 years for students pursuing higher education in India.
- Spreading cheer among children with the Reliance spirit of ‘We Care’
- ‘December to Remember’, an initiative to bring cheer to underprivileged children across India, saw Reliance volunteers reach out to Anganwadis, schools and underserved communities. In its 10th year now, the initiative imbibes Reliance’s philosophy of ‘We Care’ through volunteering and reached over 8100 children aged 3-12 years in 2022.
- Building Forward Better: RF-UN India roundtable discusses resilient livelihoods and disaster risk reduction
- The need to build forward better, create a strong livelihood system and recognise India’s leadership in Disaster Risk Reduction for the world, during the G20 Presidency were key points highlighted during a multi-stakeholder roundtable on ‘Building Resilient Livelihoods in the face of changing climate and disasters’ on December 14, 2022.
- Fifty inspiring social sector women leaders awarded the WomenLead India Fellowship
- Fifty inspiring women from India’s social sector have been identified for the inaugural WomenLead India Fellowship, a joint initiative by Reliance Foundation and Vital Voices Global Partnership. Driving an ambitious urgent agenda for women’s leadership in India, the Fellowship invests in change makers, social entrepreneurs and social sector leaders, with a support system to meaningfully grow their social initiatives and achieve the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- “Delighted to see so many women representatives in IOA’s Executive Council” - IOC member Smt. Nita Ambani, welcoming Ms. P.T. Usha as the first woman President of IOA
- Smt. Nita M. Ambani, International Olympic Committee (IOC) member from India & Founder Chairperson, Reliance Foundation, today, congratulated Ms. P.T. Usha on becoming the new President of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA), calling it a testament to the growing inclusivity in Indian sports and how girls and women continue to lead India’s charge towards becoming a global sports nation.
- EdTech-focused Accelerator launched to support foundational learning for children from low-income communities in India
- A consortium of leading non-profit and philanthropic organisations in the education sector in India have launched the ‘EdTech Accelerator’ to support foundational learning of children at-home. This consortium benefits from the expertise and support of founding partners Reliance Foundation and UBS Optimus Foundation with design and implementation by Central Square Foundation, British Asian Trust as Fund Manager and the U.S. Government, through the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), is providing technical assistance to support the fund design and management.
- Reliance Foundation and Mizoram Football Association join hands to build a competitive pathway for grassroots football in Mizoram
- Reliance Foundation, the CSR arm of Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) and Mizoram Football Association have joined hands to expand, transform and create a complete hyper-local pathway and decentralised approach to grassroots football in the state through Reliance Foundation Young Champs (RFYC) Naupang (Children) League.
- Reliance Foundation Youth Sport’s Football 2022-2023 season will reach out to 33000+ students, with 2400+ teams across schools and colleges set to participate
- This year, Reliance Foundation Youth Sports is collaborating with ISL clubs, state federations, and partners in conducting school and college-level competitions in football with expected participation from over 33,000+ athletes and 2,400+ teams from across the country bringing students #BackonthePitch.
- Closing the gender digital divide: Reliance Foundation, USAID invite grant applications for WomenConnect Challenge India Round Two
- Building on their efforts to narrow the gender digital divide and empower women in India, Reliance Foundation and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), today announced the launch of the WomenConnect Challenge (WCC) India Round Two and are calling for grant applications. Reliance Foundation will provide up to INR 10 crore in grants for up to 10 organisations (up to INR 1 crore for each grantee) to implement innovative solutions over 12-15 months.
- India’s women, digital prowess & green growth power SDG discussions in New York
- Women in India transforming communities with digital technologies could show ways to accelerate progress towards the SDGs said thought leaders here on Friday, at high-level discussions organised by Reliance Foundation, Observer Research Foundation and United Nations in India to complement the 77th UNGA discussions.
- Accelerating development for an inclusive, greener world: High-profile events in UNGA week, New York to discuss India’s experiences
- As the 77th session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA 77) is underway and thought leaders from across sectors gather in New York, Reliance Foundation, the Observer Research Foundation, and the United Nations in India are hosting two events on September 23 to complement the formal proceedings. While the first will be a discussion on ‘Women, Tech, and the SDGs: Reshaping the Pathways to Change’, the second is a high-level discussion that will focus on ‘The G20 Imperative: Green Growth & Development for All’.
- Reliance Foundation and Vital Voices join forces to launch WomenLead India Fellowship to nurture women leaders in the social sector
- Launching today with a nationwide call for applicants, WomenLead India is a 10-month long fellowship programme powered by Reliance Foundation and Vital Voices Global Partnership to strengthen the leadership capacity of female catalysts of social change. The WomenLead India Fellowship aims to be a system of support for women leaders in India who are taking on the world’s greatest challenges
- Reliance industries partners with the Indian Olympic Association for the Olympics, Commonwealth and Asian Games as part of its ambition to make India a global sporting powerhouse
- Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) and Indian Olympic Association (IOA) today announced a long-term partnership that aims to elevate the performances of Indian athletes, support the national sports federations and build the credentials of India as a global sporting nation, with an aspiration to host the Olympic Games in the future. Under this partnership, RIL and IOA will also establish the first-ever India House at Paris Olympics 2024.