Women, Technology, and the Sustainable Development Goals: Reshaping the Pathways to Change
Reliance Foundation, The Observer Research Foundation and The United Nations India are hosting an event to hear insights, share learnings, and explore pathways around Women, Technology, and the Sustainable Development Goals on September 23, 2022.
Areas of discussion include how women are redefining the pathways to change through utilising innovative technology in innovative ways in areas such as solutions in the areas of health, digital literacy, food security and nutrition, and will explore how access to digital resources is as well as enhancing their ability to access government schemes to empower not only themselves but also their communities, and to bring gender to the fore of the development discourse. The conversation also addresses the broader question of global cooperation and role of UN, G20 and other groups to help communities recover from the shocks of the pandemic and conflicts and use the digital medium to galvanise the journey to 2030.
International policy-makers, development and corporate sector leaders, and academics participate in the discussions.
- Amandeep Singh Gill, Under-Secretary-General, Envoy on Technology, United Nations, and
Vanita Sharma, Advisor, Strategic Initiatives, Reliance Foundation
- Jagannatha Kumar, CEO, Reliance Foundation
- Amandeep Singh Gill, Under-Secretary-General, Envoy on Technology, United Nations
- Anita Bhatia, Assistant Secretary-General, UN Women
- Anjali Kaur, Deputy Assistant Administrator, USAID
- Auxillia Mnangagwa, First Lady, Zimbabwe
- Dhruva Jaishankar, Executive Director, Observer Research Foundation America
- Helen Clark, Former Prime Minister, New Zealand &
Board Chair of The Partnership for Maternal, Newborn & Child Health (PMNCH)
- Panayotis A Yannakogeorgos, Director, Global Security, Conflict, and
Cybercrime, Center for Global Affairs, NYU
- Shombi Sharp, UN Resident Coordinator, India
- Sylvia G Maier, Head, Global Gender Studies, Center for Global Affairs, NYU
- Tidhar Wald, Deputy Managing Director, Better Than Cash Alliance
- Vanita Sharma, Advisor, Strategic Initiatives, Reliance Foundation
- Waheguru Pal Sidhu, Director, UN Initiative, Center for Global Affairs, NYU